( Hm… well, it depends on what you mean by “tip”. Tips about making a comic or tips about writing a story and fleshing out a world? I’ll try my best, either way!
Tips on actually nuzlocking:
- When you’re playing, make sure you write down events you find important. Don’t write down every single dialogue you encounter, or every single random encounter you fight while grinding.
- Write the important battles down, move by move. This can be different for every person, but it helps me to get a scene of the battle in my head.
- Have two different documents. I have one labeled “Game Notes”, for just writing down what’s happening in-game, and one labeled “Game Outline”, where I write the actual story based on in-game events.
- HAVE AT LEAST A FAINT IDEA OF HOW THE STORY’S GOING TO PROGRESS. I can’t stress this enough. If you have no idea what’s going to happen, you may accidentally end up writing yourself into a wall.
Tips on writing a story/building a world:
- This honestly isn’t my strong point, so don’t quote me on these.
- First, ask very broad questions about your world. Type of government, daily life, education, ect. After that, ask more nitpicky questions, like about mega evolutions, why certain pokemon can’t evolve in certain regions, morality of battle, mortality rates of pokemon that regularly battle.
- Write your beginning. After that, write your ending. Don’t focus on the body yet, have a firm idea of how this story’s going to end. many authors have this problem, and end up writing a really bad ending to their story. Answer all the questions, make sure all loose ends are tied up, make the readers feel like they deserved this ending. After that, fill in the middle!
- Research a ton!! Especially if you have characters with mental disorders, diseases, sexuality/gender identity you have no experience with, ect. Seriously, one of the worst things (in my opinion) an author can do is attempt to write a complex character only to have them fall flat because they are not portrayed realistically.
- Find inspiration for your world based on what your genre is. Trying for a Victorian era nuzlocke? Read stories about or from the Victorian era! Trying to be more modern? Find stories acclaimed with great modern worldbuilding.
Illustrating a comic:
- Find a height and width you’re comfortable with. I used to make the comics 950 x 4000—5000, but I didn’t like the way they looked, so I changed it up and now each page is 760 x 7000ish. Or, if you prefer, you can do more “comic book page” style and go for 900 x 1200, a more square-like layout.
- Draw your characters many, many times before they’re introduced in the comic. This is based on personal experience. I definitely did not do this, and now I’m stuck with the fact that the first few pages are very inconsistent, because I still wasn’t entirely sure how to draw my own characters!
- Set up your own little personal goals and deadlines. Get the whole sketch done by XX, get all the lineart done by XX, color by XX. You’ll get into a swing eventually, and making each page will become less of a hassle.
- Don’t finish each panel by itself. Sketch everything all at once, line everything all at once, ect. because otherwise, each panel will look noticeably inconsistent.
- Don’t wait until you’re “good enough” to make a comic. If I thought this way, I would’ve never started!
- Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get tons of watchers. If you are truly working your hardest and putting all your effort into it, people will notice and will read your comic.
I think that’s all I’ve got for now. Hope I could help! )
I think in an AU, this would fit her well!
Another thing courtesy of Manu
Now I need some Jordans to wear over them :^)
I made a poll for that now go voice your opinions (assuming you have an account on dA)
Hey anons (or is it the same anon?), answers are under cut. Vague spoilers ahead.
My dad’s friend had it so I got it for ~$100 like a couple years back. I dunno how much it costs now…
FYI this CS5 I use is not the professional version.
Would people seriously participate tho
*struggling with an art demotivation but godamnit this update*
I’m working on it I swear………